Marian Hogan Speech and Language Therapy at The Children’s Clinic Cork
BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy, MIASLT, CORU Registered
I am delighted to begin providing quality, private speech and language therapy at The Children’s Clinic Cork.
To make an appointment or an informal enquiry I can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by phone on 0872162297. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss any concerns about your child’s communication and whether an assessment or treatment would be of benefit to your child.
Experience and Training:
I am a Senior Speech and Language Therapist who completed my speech and language therapy degree in University College Cork and graduated in June 2009. I have 8 years’ experience of working with a wide variety of client groups; and have particular interest and skill in working with children presenting with a range of developmental speech and language delays and disorders and children with complex needs. I have worked in both the public and private sectors, including the Central Remedial Clinic Dublin, Down Syndrome Kerry, Kerry Intervention and Disability Services and Kerry SLT Clinic.
I have completed many post-graduate training courses and continue to update my professional development and knowledge of current evidence-based theory and practice regularly through research and training. The following is an overview of courses which I have attended:
– Hanen programme for parents, It Takes Two To Talk (September 2010)
– Promoting Literacy for Children with Intellectual Disability (September 2010)
– Down Syndrome Education Conference, Speech and Language In Depth (October 2010)
– Talk Tools Level 1: A three-part treatment plan for oral-motor therapy (January 2011)
– Speech Development in Children with Down syndrome (August 2011)
– Picture Exchange Communication System – PECS (September 2011)
– Lámh Modules 1 and 2 (May and November 2011)
– Derbyshire Language Scheme (February 2012)
– Manchester Post Basic Dysphagia Course (April 2013)
– The Early Start Denver Model for young children with autism (Introductory training June 2015)
– Clinical Voice Skills Course (September 2015)
– DIRFloortime® (May 2016)
– ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2) training (September 2016)
I provide comprehensive, quality, evidence based assessment and treatment of paediatric communication and feeding issues for children aged 0-18 including:
- developmental speech delay/disorder (unclear speech, limited speech sounds);
- developmental language delay/disorder (infants who are ‘late talkers’, children who have difficulty understanding and/or using language effectively);
- oral motor difficulties (drooling, low muscle tone affecting speech/feeding);
- communication and feeding issues associated with diagnoses such as developmental delay, Down syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder, intellectual disability, physical disability.
- Feeding, eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties (picky eaters, difficulties with progressing through food consistencies).
I am working in the Children’s Clinic on Wednesday and Thursday mornings and am accepting referrals now. Referrals are welcomed by phone/email/letter from parents, GPs and other healthcare professionals, and education providers. To make an appointment or an informal enquiry I can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0872162297. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss any concerns about your child’s communication and whether an assessment or treatment would be of benefit to your child. For more information, see my website marianhoganslt.ie
Read Marian’s article Ten Tips to Promote Development of Early Communication Skills