Michael Power, a Cork native and Clinical Audiologist, is a graduate of the School of Audiology, Institute of Laryngology and Otology, Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, Gray’s Inn Rd, London and University College London Medical School in 2000. Michael has previously worked as Senior Paediatric Audiologist in Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEARING LOSS IN CHILDREN
- Difficulty locating sounds.
- A child who does not get startled by loud sounds.
- Inability to produce and understand spoken words.
- Frequent ear infections, head colds & running nose, pulling at ears.
- Often asks you to repeat yourself or responds inappropriately to a question
- Doesn’t reply when you call them
- Often talks very loudly
- Turns up the volume of the TV so it’s very loud
Normal hearing is essential for the social and intellectual development of infants and young children.
Children with hearing loss may have difficulty learning to communicate because they cannot hear all or part of the sounds around them.
Thus, the sooner a child has his/her hearing tested the sooner the problem can be identified and remedied and start to live a normal life.
Book an appointment with Michael
Call the clinic: 021 4348918.