Information on our COVID-19 Policy for Parents attending Cork Children’s Clinic
In keeping with our core values, our primary focus is the health and wellbeing of our patients, their parents, and our staff. We are highly committed to taking every action possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We are holding regular meetings to review any government updates and to discuss our policies and procedures.
Please do not attend the clinic if;
- You or your child has tested positive for COVID-19 and are not symptom free for more than 14 days.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You or your child, or someone living in your home, are experiencing symptoms such as cough, high temperature or shortness of breath.
The following actions are being taken at Cork Children’s Clinic:
- Regular review of the HSE guidelines. HSE guidelines and posters are displayed in the clinic.
- Hand Sanitiser and gloves are available at the front door of the clinic, and at reception.
- All common touch points including door handles, chairs and counters areas are being cleaned, sprayed, and disinfected multiple times each day.
- Each appointment is followed by a 15-minute gap.
- This also allows us time to disinfect the treatment room and common touch points between appointments.
- Frank will wear a face visor and gloves while treating your child.
- If you have a mask and gloves, we will ask you to wear them when attending the clinic.
- Clinic staff are reduced to a minimum.
- Only one parent to attend with each child booked in. No other siblings to attend appointment.
- We will check your temperature on arrival. Temperatures of staff working that day will be displayed at reception.
- We have erected a Perspex screen at reception to minimise exposure.
- Parents are asked to be punctual and to wait in their car until their appointment time.
- We would encourage you to pay by card if possible. You can call in advance of your appointment, or immediately after your appointment, to pay by card over the phone if you prefer.
- We are happy to email you your receipt if you would prefer.
- We will ask you to sign a consent form to agree to treatment.
- While our baby room is still available to use for nappy changing, we would ask that you only use it when necessary.
We are highly committed to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are actively promoting the HSE guidelines regarding hygiene and preventative measures. By implementing the above measures, we hope to be able to continue to provide Osteopathic care for babies and children who require it.